Every week, Buckeye football coach Urban Meyer joins 97.1 The Fan to preview Ohio State’s upcoming game, scout the week’s opponent, provide an update on the health of his players, and more.
What did he discuss on today’s show?
• Meyer praised assistant coach Kerry Coombs for developing depth at cornerback.
• Dominant offensive performances are a credit to J.T. Barrett and Pat Elflein’s leadership.
• He compared the wide receiver rotation to hockey shifts.
• Indiana’s surprisingly good defense.
• The Hoosiers’ offensive line, which is among the best in the Big Ten according to Meyer.
• He called IU the “stiffest challenge we’ve faced.”
• The depth at kick returner and punt returner, opting for Dontre Wilson and Parris Campbell rather than overworking Curtis Samuel.
• Avoiding tendencies and how former Oklahoma assistant, now Indiana head coach, Kevin Wilson has consulted with Bob Stoops.