To listen to 97.1 The Fan or ESPN 1460AM we ask that you provide a zip code so that we may give you the best audio connection possible.
Photo: Coach Urban Meyer / Courtesy: 97.1 The Fan
| BY: LORI SCHMIDT|
For the first time since the start of fall camp, Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer met with reporters to provide updates on the 2017 Buckeyes.
Among the topics covered…
● Meyer says he studied what makes organizations successful over the long term during this offseason. He cited the Patriots as an example as such an organization. The conclusion he came to is that the best run teams and businesses take ownership of their work.
● Although they do plan to run a tempo offense this year, Meyer does not think that affected their offseason conditioning at all.
● Meyer stipulated that you rarely want to see a true freshman on the offensive line, but added he’s really excited about “want-to, try-hard guys” Josh Myers, Thayer Munford and Wyatt Davis.
● Meyer was really impressed with offensive lineman Michael Jordan’s offseason and the first three days of camp. He says he senses a “little different approach” from Jordan.
● There are always going to be mistakes made early in camp. With that in mind, right now Meyer is just focused on establishing the culture by getting high effort on every play. There’s a scrimmage coming up on Saturday, and it isn’t until then that the depth chart will start to be established.
● Running back Mike Weber practiced a little bit today. They are easing Weber into things as a precaution, because he has a tight hamstring.
● As of this moment, OSU has a total of 28 fall camp practices scheduled, and Meyer is watching very closely to make sure things don’t get stale.
● He stressed that it’s early, but he did name wide receiver Jaylen Harris as a player who has impressed him.