Photo: Urban Meyer / Courtesy: 97.1 The Fan
| BY: LORI SCHMIDT |
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was very focused on the upcoming game against Illinois, and he shared his thoughts on that upcoming Senior Day kickoff during his first media availability of the week…
• Meyer started out by saying he wished he had remembered to thank the military immediately after Ohio State’s Veterans’ Day game.
•Due to their performances against Michigan State, the players of the game for Ohio State this week were Damon Arnette, Tuf Borland, Billy Price, and Erick Smith.
•Speaking of Arnette, the corner is probable for Saturday’s game against Illinois despite suffering a thigh bruise against the Spartans.
• Meyer likes the targeting rule as written, but believes the replay officials need to be held more accountable when they fail to make a correct call.
• Due to injuries to Dante Booker and Jerome Baker, Saturday’s lineup featured Tuf Borland at middle linebacker while Chris Worley played outside. Meyer admitted to liking this configuration so much, that we might see it again in the future.
• Unsurprisingly, Meyer refused to discuss the possibility of Ohio State making the playoff. In fact, he cut off Bill Rabinowitz when The Dispatch reporter tried to ask about it.
• Ohio State’s offensive line is “moving in the right direction.”
• Meyer insists that this week he’s going to be so focused on the task at hand, he’s going to be “out of my [darned] mind” on that.
• Quarterback JT Barrett is one of the players OSU will honor on Senior Day, and this caused Meyer to reflect that Barrett “is a member of the Meyer family and the Buckeye family for the rest of his life.”