TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Nearly one year after Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was accused of rape by a female FSU student, the state attorney has decided not to charge the Heisman Trophy favorite.
Ohio State's Lenzelle Smith Jr. (32) and Trey McDonald pressure Maryland's Evan Smotrycz.
After a torturous span of four games in which Ohio State did well to make four of every 10 shots it took, the Buckeyes began not only shooting a lot in practice, which is typical, but also talking about shooting.
A major national bank missed out on becoming an auto racing-like sponsor of the Ohio State and Michigan State teams this season.
About Curtis McElhinney, above, being the No. 1 goalie, Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards said: “I don’t think it’s going to change how our guys prepare or how they play.”
Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky has the frame of a distance-running yogi: lithe and limber and eminently stretchable. Still, he has his limits, and they were exceeded in a 1-0 victory over Tampa Bay on Tuesday night.
Ohio State coach Thad Matta spent most of November roaming the campus, looking for someone. Rumor has it that Mirror Lake was drained for this purpose, to locate a 6-8, 220-pound wing forward. Anybody seen LaQuinton Ross?
Marcus Hall was ejected for punching a Michigan player in the second quarter.
Success can be undone in a moment. Reputations can change with one bad decision. That’s the case with everybody — except most people don’t come unglued on national television in the most-important game of the season.
The Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving tries to beat the Nuggets’ Ty Lawson, left, and Darrell Arthur to the ball. Irving scored 23 points.
Cavaliers 98, Nuggets 88: Kyrie Irving and Cleveland’s best performance of the season brought an end to Denver’s seven-game winning streak last night.
Michigan State running back Jeremy Langford, the offense’s sole weapon in Saturday’s 14-3 win over Minnesota, leads the Big Ten in touchdowns.
EAST LANSING, Mich. — To appreciate Michigan State’s second appearance in the Big Ten championship game in three years, flash back to where the Spartans were when October began.
The NFL fined Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000 yesterday for interfering with Baltimore’s Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Thanksgiving night.
The Cincinnati Reds filled out their coaching staff for first-year manager Bryan Price, hiring Jay Bell as their bench coach.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Petition seeks vote to end Columbus' payments on Nationwide Arena
- College football: No charges in sexual-assault case involving Florida State QB
- Transcript of our Ohio State football chat with Tim May
- Delaware police hit 2 Ohio Wesleyan students with cruisers
- Reader poll: Predict OSU-Michigan State, plus other college football games
- Ohio State football: Marcus Hall tries to come to terms with his actions
- Ohio State football notebook: Buckeyes, Spartans both relish the ‘chase’
- Michigan State football: Offense improves behind new QB, RB
- Around college football: Jameis Winston case findings to be announced today
- Men's basketball: LaQuinton Ross’ sizzling start leads Ohio State past Maryland
More Sports Headlines
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks
- Ohio Panel Examines Football As Civil Rights Arena
- Ohio State's Miller Named Big Ten Offensive Player Of The Year
- Ohio Hunter Dead In Accidental Shooting
- Big Ten Reprimands OSU, Marcus Hall After Fight
- OSU Moves To #2 Spot In College Polls
- OSU Wins 42-41
- Saturday's Scores
- More Time Added To Ohio Deer-Gun Season Days
- Friday's Scores