Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel will try to join another exclusive Heisman club by becoming the second player to win the award twice. Ohio State’s Archie Griffin won the award in 1974 and '75.
NEW YORK — Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston will have plenty of company at the Heisman Trophy ceremony on Saturday night — but he won’t be joined by any players from Ohio State.
Ohio State’s LaQuinton Ross was named Big Ten player of the week after scoring 43 points in two victories.
The week that was: As they have in every game so far, the Buckeyes (8-0) posted double-digit win margins in their two games last week.
Chad Mavety, an offensive lineman from Nassau Community College on Long Island, N.Y., committed to Florida State over Ohio State.
Evgeni Malkin knocks the puck past Curtis McElhinney and into the net to give Pittsburgh a 1-0 lead in the second period.
PITTSBURGH — The Blue Jackets spent a lot of time in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ zone last night but had trouble pulling the puck off the wall and getting clean looks at goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury. The Penguins were resigned to being counter-punchers, but with two of the elite scorers in the NHL, it wasn’t much of a problem.
BEREA, Ohio — Browns coach Rob Chudzinski didn’t point a finger at anyone but his own players.
The Bears’ Matt Forte, who rushed for 102 yards, dives for a gain in the first quarter against the Cowboys at Soldier Field
The New England Patriots placed tight end Rob Gronkowski on injured reserve yesterday because of a damaged right knee.
From left, Tony La Russa, Joe Torre and Bobby Cox won eight championships between them.
Together they won more than 7,500 games in the major leagues, with 17 pennants and eight championships across 91 seasons writing out lineup cards. Next summer, Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox will share a stage in Cooperstown, N.Y.
Raptors 106, Lakers 94: Kobe Bryant had nine points and eight rebounds in his season debut for Los Angeles last night, but Amir Johnson scored a career-high 32 points as visiting Toronto never trailed and snapped a five-game losing streak.
Linebacker Dante Booker, who helped lead Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary to a state title Thursday night, was named Ohio’s Mr. Football this week.
While Ohio State plays for the Big Ten championship this weekend, several future Buckeyes will be reaching for the pinnacle on the high-school level. Five of Ohio State’s 17 commitments for its 2014 recruiting class are trying to win state titles, and one has.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Blue Jackets chat at 1 p.m. today
- Blue Jackets 5, Devils 4: Rally from two-goal deficit
- Blue Jackets notebook: Johansen adds to streak but not satisfied
- Bob Hunter commentary | Blue Jackets: Youngest team schools an old goalie
- Jackets-Devils summary
- Around the NHL: Ovechkin scores four for Capitals
- Sports on TV, radio
- Sports report: Three-team trade sending Trumbo to Diamondbacks
- MLB: ‘New Yorker’ contributor honored with Spink Award
- Around the NBA: Pacers handle Heat at home
More Sports Headlines
- Ohio State University Discover Orange Bowl Tickets Now on Sale
- Bengals Stay Perfect At Home With Win Over Colts
- Patriots Score Twice In 61 Seconds To Top Browns
- Buckeyes Fall To No. 7 In Final AP Poll
- Saturday's Scores
- Friday's Scores
- TRANSCRIPT: Urban Meyer News Conference
- Thursday's Scores
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks
- Ohio Panel Examines Football As Civil Rights Arena