Ohio State: Ready to Release the Braxton?
Urban Meyer met with reporters on Wednesday. Around three minutes into the interview, word quietly started getting around the media huddle that Browns running back Trent Richardson had been traded, thus accounting for why this is the shortest interview we’ve had with Meyer this year. Even in the short amount of time, however, there was quite a bit of ground covered.
Included in the above video:
- Updated the progress of Braxton Miller (expected to see limited action vs. Florida A&M) and Adolphus Washington (out against the Rattlers, probable for the Wisconsin game)
- Announced that Carlos Hyde would play in his first game back from suspension, but stipulated he wasn't the number one guy, because that wouldn't be fair to the running backs who have been playing
- Said he is pleased with the team's defense thus far, considering the injuries to Washington and Tommy Schutt as well as the inexperience on that side of the ball
- Added the one area of the defense he is concerned about is the linebacking corp.
- Scouted Florida A&M, among his observations: "Every snap, they're blitzing."
- Observed that complacency has not been an issue for his squad this week