Radio Sales Account Executive:
Do you think the best part of Mondays are Monday Night Football? When you hear the word “brackets” does your pulse start to race? Are you so competitive that if your team is losing you run upstairs and put on your good luck jersey? If so, and you are also a top performing salesperson, then this opportunity may be right for you! If you are passionate about sports, sports radio and selling, we want to talk to you about joining our sales department as a Radio Sales Account Executive.
RadiOhio is Ohio’s premiere provider of sports marketing solutions. This means that the assets you would have available to utilize for your clients include radio stations 97.1 The Fan, 1460 ESPN, and The Ohio News Network. In addition, we are the flagship for all Ohio State University athletics, we carry the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets and the Cleveland Indians. We are privately owned and committed to helping our clients through our sports marketing assets. You won’t have to deal with big corporate bureaucracy in order to get your ideas sold to your clients. We have an entrepreneurial mind set and we make things happen.
This position is perfect for the salesperson who knows how to integrate radio, digital, and on-site opportunities into a results driven marketing program for their clients. We want a proven salesperson who knows how to find new business and grow it through savvy marketing ideas. If you are always thinking about how you can develop new business and grow your client relationships, you are the person we want to talk to! This isn’t a position for a rookie – we need proven, outside business to business salespeople with a strong track record of developing new business and a keen understanding of radio and sports marketing.
Major Responsibilities of This Position:
- Continual prospecting and developing new clients through a relentless drive to generate new business
- Face to face meetings with prospective clients
- Relationship driven marketers not “list” babysitters or “numbers” sellers – this is about selling solutions not ratings
- Involvement in the local business community, developing relationships with business owners and key decision makers
- Creating marketing campaigns for clients utilizing all of our media and sports assets, that are focused on their marketing needs and growing their business
- Developing strong relationships with clients to ensure success and repeat business
- Closing business and executing the client campaign as agreed upon
- Coordinating all aspects of a marketing campaign including copy, ad production, billing, collections, promotions, and events
- Achieve weekly, monthly and annual sales objectives including sales goals
- Maintain regular customer contact through efficient time management skills
- Attend sales meetings, station and sporting events, and training programs as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Outside sales experience (media sales preferred) and a proven track record of successfully prospecting and developing new business
- A passion for sports, sports radio, and selling! If you don’t having a burning desire to be a professional salesperson – this isn’t the right fit for you
- An understanding of marketing principles and a creative mind to put together unique ideas for our clients.
- Proven ability to ask for the business, overcome objections, and the courage to ask again
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Internet, social media, and digital marketing savvy
- Excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients’ businesses
- Problem solving ability – someone who sees a problem as an opportunity to develop business
- A belief in your sales talents and no fear of being on commission because you believe “go big or stay home!”
If this position sounds like the right job for you, we would like to hear from you. Please click HERE to apply for this position.
RadiOhio, Inc., family-owned since 1929, is a part of the Dispatch Broadcast Group, a division of The Dispatch Printing Company, and is a highly-respected, awarding-winning group of television, radio and cable outlets in the Midwest. Dispatch Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug-free workplace.
To see all Dispatch Broadcast Group openings CLICK HERE.