Braxton Miller won the Big Ten’s Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year honors in 2012 while still in the early stages of becoming a well-rounded quarterback.
A year from now, Maryland will be a member of the Big Ten and less than a month from playing its first conference game.
Injured Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky leaves the game in the third period.
When Nick Foligno’s second-period, between-the-legs goal was replayed on the huge scoreboard — its full glory was hard for many to fully appreciate at live speed — a gasp emanated from the seats of half-filled Nationwide Arena. During the Blue Jackets’ 1-0 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning last night, that noise was exceeded only by the worried, group inhale early in the third period when goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky lay face-first on the ice, injured.
Michigan receiver Jeremy Gallon makes a touchdown catch against Ohio State safety C.J. Barnett.
Although no opponent has been able to outscore Ohio State and its up-and-down pass defense this season, that hasn’t made it any more fun for coach Urban Meyer to watch.
If things go according to plan and Ohio State and Auburn both win on Saturday, two opposite interest groups will face off like Civil War soldiers at Sharpsburg. Or is it Antietam?
Quarterback Marcus Mariota announced that he will return to Oregon for his junior season.
Coach Kevin McGuff managed to find at least one silver lining inside an early-season thundercloud after the Ohio State women’s basketball team lost 70-49 to No. 1 Connecticut on Sunday.
With Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell recovering from concussions, Cleveland signed quarterback Caleb Hanie yesterday, giving coach Rob Chudzinski another option this week at New England.
The Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch tries to elude the Saints’ Rafael Bush.
Seahawks 34, Saints 7: Russell Wilson threw for 310 yards and three touchdowns, and host Seattle became the first team to clinch a spot in the NFL playoffs by routing New Orleans last night.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Transcript of our Blue Jackets chat with Aaron Portzline
- NFL: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fined $100,000
- Rob Oller commentary: South rising again, this time against Buckeyes
- Ohio State football chat with Tim May, 1 p.m. Thursday
- Reader poll: Predict OSU-Michigan State, plus other college football games
- Got a question about Ohio State athletics? Ask the experts!
- Ohio State football | Jack Looks Back: Who really won at Michigan State in '74?
- Football: Michigan State defense built to play fast, furious
- Big Ten football awards: Braxton Miller again is top player on offense
- Men's basketball: Maryland makes unexpected trip to Ohio State
More Sports Headlines
- Ohio State's Miller Named Big Ten Offensive Player Of The Year
- Ohio Hunter Dead In Accidental Shooting
- Big Ten Reprimands OSU, Marcus Hall After Fight
- OSU Moves To #2 Spot In College Polls
- OSU Wins 42-41
- Saturday's Scores
- More Time Added To Ohio Deer-Gun Season Days
- Friday's Scores
- Meyer Slips Up & Says 'M' Word
- OSU Students Rush Fence To Leap Into Mirror Lake