Linebacker Camren Williams, right, and Ohio State’s defense will be facing a Michigan State team that ranks 84th nationally in total offense.
It is the “other” matchup in the Big Ten championship game. Although the showdown between Ohio State’s potent offense and Michigan State’s top-ranked defense is the marquee story line of tonight’s game, what happens when the Spartans have the ball is just as important.
Sometimes it takes a stick of dynamite to crack a safe. That is what Ohio State finally used to crack Michigan State’s defense a year ago in a 17-16 victory that helped send the Buckeyes on their way to a 12-0 season. It was a 63-yard pass from Braxton Miller to Devin Smith against man-to-man coverage that produced the winning touchdown.
Jameis Winston said he “never lost faith in the truth and in who I am.”
Florida State quarterback and Heisman Trophy hopeful Jameis Winston will not face any charges in a sexual assault case, mostly because there were too many gaps in his accuser’s story, a prosecutor said yesterday.
Jeremy Langford of Michigan State leads the Big Ten with 17 touchdowns.
EAST LANSING, Mich. — If the football tale of Jeremy Langford’s college career was reshaped as a Christmas special, he would be cast as hailing from the Island of Misfit Toys.
Curtis McElhinney, left, is expected to be a fixture in goal until Sergei Bobrovsky returns from injury.
Some observers might view the loss of goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky to injury as the death knell to the Blue Jackets’ season, the latest blow to a club that, through its wildly inconsistent play, has been lucky to stay afloat this long in the Metropolitan Division.
Jacksonville’s Marcedes Lewis catches a 1-yard touchdown pass against Houston’s Kareem Jackson in the Jaguars’ 27-20 victory, their third straight.
Cleveland Browns quarterback Jason Campbell practiced for the first time since suffering a concussion and could start on Sunday at New England.
Cincinnati running back Ralph Abernathy tries to elude a wall of Louisville defenders during the first half.
Teddy Bridgewater made several great escapes to help 19th-ranked Louisville get to overtime, and Dominique Brown’s 2-yard run gave the Cardinals a 31-24 victory over host Cincinnati last night.
The 31 countries that qualified for the 2014 World Cup and host nation Brazil will be hoping for the luck of the draw today.
Linebacker Dante Booker, who helped lead Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary to a state title Thursday night, was named Ohio’s Mr. Football this week.
While Ohio State plays for the Big Ten championship this weekend, several future Buckeyes will be reaching for the pinnacle on the high-school level. Five of Ohio State’s 17 commitments for its 2014 recruiting class are trying to win state titles, and one has.
Ohio State quarterback Justin Zwick played on an injured hamstring after getting the start the 2004 Alamo Bowl.
Saturday night’s Big Ten championship game against Michigan State in Indianapolis will be just the 10th time Ohio State has played a game in December.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Soccer | World Cup: Draw results in long, tough road for United States
- College football: Boise State coach leaves for Washington
- Blue Jackets chat at 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Game predictions: Ohio State vs. Michigan State
- Recruiting: Ohio State commitments seeking state titles
- Petition seeks vote to end Columbus’ payments on Nationwide Arena
- Gameday+ gets you ready for Ohio State vs. Michigan State
- Bob Hunter commentary: Farewell to BCS; it won’t be missed
- College football: Buckeyes’ confidence faces test
- Michigan State football: Langford finally finds a home at running back
More Sports Headlines
- Thursday's Scores
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks
- Ohio Panel Examines Football As Civil Rights Arena
- Ohio State's Miller Named Big Ten Offensive Player Of The Year
- Ohio Hunter Dead In Accidental Shooting
- Big Ten Reprimands OSU, Marcus Hall After Fight
- OSU Moves To #2 Spot In College Polls
- OSU Wins 42-41
- Saturday's Scores
- More Time Added To Ohio Deer-Gun Season Days