Braxton Miller led the Big Ten in passing efficiency this season among those who threw 200 or more passes, passing for 1,860 yards and 22 touchdowns.
Ohio State’s Braxton Miller yesterday became just the fourth player to be named a two-time winner of the Chicago Tribune’s Silver Football — awarded annually to the Big Ten MVP — and Archie Griffin, one of those other two-time winners, said welcome to the club.
Matt Calvert collides with ex-Jackets captain Rick Nash, who was playing in his first game against Columbus since he was traded.
NEW YORK – Yesterday morning, after his team’s brisk pregame skate at Madison Square Garden, Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards was asked how a game last night against the New York Rangers might play out. Richards, as has become his custom given the youth and unpredictability of his team, said he was unable to do so.
Alabama senior quarterback AJ McCarron was named player of the year.
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron won the Maxwell Award, given to college football’s player of the year, during the College Football Awards Show last night at Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Johnny Manziel had better stats than he did during his Heisman-winning freshman year.
HOUSTON — Johnny Manziel isn’t sure if he will declare next month for the NFL draft.
Boston College senior Andre Williams was the only player in the Football Bowl Subdivision to top 2,000 rushing yards this season.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — In Florida for the college football awards show, Boston College running back Andre Williams was making his way through the controlled chaos in a hotel on Wednesday evening when he stopped to shake hands with Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey.
Chargers receiver Vincent Brown makes a catch against Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster.
Chargers 27, Broncos 20: Peyton Manning wanted more rest. He got plenty last night because of a San Diego defense that slowed Manning and handed the Broncos an unexpected loss.
Kyrie Irving is second in voting among guards in the Eastern Conference.
Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers is second among Eastern Conference guards in early voting for the All-Star Game.
Bob Hunter commentary | Rumblings: Loss to Pacers shows how much Heat will need Greg Oden this season
Pacers center Roy Hibbert was a dominant force in Indiana’s 90-84 win over Miami on Tuesday night, but his thoughts were on Heat center Greg Oden. He even thought Miami might pull a surprise and activate the former Ohio State star for his first game this season.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Trophies are won, then go here, there and everywhere
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Miller ran for touchdown on this QB keeper play
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Ohio State, Clemson in recruiting battle for linebacker
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Navy’s Reynolds takes aim at QB record book
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Mount Union players hit books before hitting field for semifinal
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Full court, full house for McGuff family
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Fencer got to take stab at London Games
- BuckeyeXtra exclusive: Expected improvement never came to pass for Ohio State defense
- Degree helps Linsley deal with defeat
More Sports Headlines
- Crew Trade Marshall To Seattle For 2015 Pick
- Ohio State University Discover Orange Bowl Tickets Now on Sale
- Bengals Stay Perfect At Home With Win Over Colts
- Patriots Score Twice In 61 Seconds To Top Browns
- Buckeyes Fall To No. 7 In Final AP Poll
- Saturday's Scores
- Friday's Scores
- TRANSCRIPT: Urban Meyer News Conference
- Thursday's Scores
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks