Lenzelle Smith Jr. dunks in front of Bryant's Dyami Starks (12).
Unfortunately, Bryant didn’t have its better half last night. Even with Kobe, though, the Bulldogs might have had difficulty matching up with Ohio State.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, center, and Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, right, hope to impress potential recruits while in Florida for the Orange Bowl.
Although promising seasons ended on a down note for both, coaches Urban Meyer of Ohio State and Dabo Swinney of Clemson assured yesterday that their teams are looking forward to playing on Jan. 3 in the Orange Bowl.
Ryan Callahan scored one of the Rangers’ four goals against the Blue Jackets on Nov. 7.
It has been more than a month since the Blue Jackets lost to the New York Rangers at Nationwide Arena, but the memories are still fresh — and bitter — for coach Todd Richards.
Holiday spirit erupted early in the office of the Greater Columbus Sports Commission yesterday as the NCAA announced sites for future championship events. One by one, notifications rolled in that Columbus had been chosen as host city, and cheers rang from cubicles and personal offices.
Injuries mean Dre Kirkpatrick will start at cornerback for the Bengals against the Steelers.
CINCINNATI — Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick walked past one of his Cincinnati Bengals teammates in the locker room and summed up his week to everyone within earshot.
Kirk Cousins, right, will replace Robert Griffin III, left, as the Redskins’ starting quarterback.
Mike Shanahan gave Robert Griffin III a rest and might have turned up the pressure on himself, too.
Next spring will find Katie Smith feeling a familiar itch that time finally has persuaded her to scratch in some other way.
Major League Baseball plans to eliminate home-plate collisions.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Ohio State football: Miller again wins Tribune's Silver Football award
- Soccer: Crew sends Chad Marshall to Sounders
- NFL: Peyton Manning, Broncos close in on handful of records
- Blue Jackets: Former Rangers eager for New York return
- Blue Jackets notebook: Loss to Rangers was a low point
- Michael Arace commentary: Will NHL’s increased revenues trickle down?
- Jackets, Rangers at a glance
- Blue Jackets' probable lines
- Rangers' probable lines
- Around the NHL: Blackhawks overpower Flyers
More Sports Headlines
- Ohio State University Discover Orange Bowl Tickets Now on Sale
- Bengals Stay Perfect At Home With Win Over Colts
- Patriots Score Twice In 61 Seconds To Top Browns
- Buckeyes Fall To No. 7 In Final AP Poll
- Saturday's Scores
- Friday's Scores
- TRANSCRIPT: Urban Meyer News Conference
- Thursday's Scores
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks
- Ohio Panel Examines Football As Civil Rights Arena
The Latest From
Bishop & Rothman
1:45 Buckeye Bulletin, 2:00 The Re-Lead 2:45 NFL Two-Minute Drill