Center Boone Jenner of the Blue Jackets gets airborne as he beats New Jersey’s Jon Merrill to the puck.
Somewhere in the skies between Pittsburgh and Columbus late Monday, Blue Jackets right wing Cam Atkinson could tell his linemate, center Brandon Dubinsky, was ready to make amends for his mistake.
Ohio State's LaQuinton Ross had 23 points in a victory over Central Connecticut State.
LaQuinton Ross’ scoring outburst in the NCAA tournament last spring was over as suddenly as it started. He put up 53 points in three games in a span of six days, but when Ohio State’s season was ended by Wichita State in the Elite Eight, fans were left to wait seven months for more. Ross made them wait a little longer than that.
The Cavaliers’ Alonzo Gee, right, denies the pass against the Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony.
CLEVELAND — On the nights when Kyrie Irving is good — really good — he is otherworldly. He sinks three-pointers from every angle. He breaks down opponents with his dribble as if they’re immobile objects. And he makes pinpoint passes that seem impossible.
The Cleveland Browns waived quarterback Caleb Hanie yesterday and signed running back Edwin Baker off the Houston Texans’ practice squad.
Pacers 90, Heat 84: Roy Hibbert scored 24 points and Paul George had 15 of his 17 points during a second-half rally to carry Indiana over visiting Miami in a matchup of the Eastern Conference’s top two teams.
Frank Mason of Kansas tries to keep the ball with Florida’s Michael Frazier II, left, and Will Yeguete.
No. 19 Florida 67, No. 13 Kansas 61: Scottie Wilbekin scored a career-high 18 points and Dorian Finney-Smith had 15 for host Florida last night.
The Los Angeles Angels traded slugging outfielder-first baseman Mark Trumbo to the Arizona Diamondbacks yesterday as part of a three-team deal that also includes the Chicago White Sox.
Linebacker Dante Booker, who helped lead Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary to a state title Thursday night, was named Ohio’s Mr. Football this week.
While Ohio State plays for the Big Ten championship this weekend, several future Buckeyes will be reaching for the pinnacle on the high-school level. Five of Ohio State’s 17 commitments for its 2014 recruiting class are trying to win state titles, and one has.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Transcript of our Blue Jackets chat with Aaron Portzline
- Golf notebook: Tigers' yardstick for playing Masters? Can he win?
- Ohio State men's basketball: LaQuinton Ross gives offense jolt
- Men's basketball: Ohio State-Bryant preview
- Heisman Trophy: Auburn’s Mason joins fray after late rush
- Around college football: Wake Forest hires Clawson
- Around college basketball: Wilbekin, Florida upend Kansas
- Men's basketball results
- Women's basketball results
- Blue Jackets 5, Devils 4: Rally from two-goal deficit
More Sports Headlines
- Ohio State University Discover Orange Bowl Tickets Now on Sale
- Bengals Stay Perfect At Home With Win Over Colts
- Patriots Score Twice In 61 Seconds To Top Browns
- Buckeyes Fall To No. 7 In Final AP Poll
- Saturday's Scores
- Friday's Scores
- TRANSCRIPT: Urban Meyer News Conference
- Thursday's Scores
- Southeast Ohio Town Supports Football Team By Sporting Mohawks
- Ohio Panel Examines Football As Civil Rights Arena