Indians manager Terry Francona, left, congratulates catcher Carlos Santana and reliever Joe Smith after the 6-0 victory.
CLEVELAND — The Indians took apart former Cy Young Award winner Felix Hernandez yesterday, in the first two innings, pasting a five-spot on his chest like a name tag and scoring another run later, as the Seattle Mariners fell 6-0.
Freddy Galvis of the Phillies leaps into a group of teammates after hitting the winning home run in the ninth inning. The Phillies scored twice in the inning to win.
PHILADELPHIA — Everything was looking good for the Cincinnati Reds right until the end.
Cardinals 4, Brewers 2: Kyle Lohse was St. Louis’ ace last season. Maybe the Cardinals know too much about him.
The Grizzlies’ Mike Conley finds his path blocked by the Spurs’ Tony Parker. Conley scored 14 points.
SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio Spurs opened the Western Conference finals resembling the past champions who have been there so many times before.
Trevor Bauer mustered a wry smile an hour after he had finished his part in the Clippers’ 10-4 victory over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders last night at Huntington Park.
They have savored the victory and the satisfaction of sending the four-time defending champion home. But now that one Los Angeles power has been dispatched, another is on deck for the Ohio State men’s tennis team.
The Ohio State women’s rowing team won the Big Ten title at Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis. In a tightly contested championship, Ohio State’s first varsity eight clinched the team title after placing first in the final race to earn 63 points and give the Buckeyes a record 160 points.
The Latest Sports Headlines
- Around the NHL: Greening’s goal in second overtime lifts Senators
- NHL results, schedule
- IIHF World Championships results
- Men's tennis: Determined Ohio State next faces No.1 UCLA
- Women's rowing: Ohio State wins Big Ten title
- College results
- MLB transactions
- Sports on TV, radio
- NBA: Spurs start fast, dominate Western finals opener
- Reds on deck
More Sports Headlines
- OSU Lacrosse Seasons Ends With NCAA Loss
- Crew Snaps Scoreless Skid In Victory
- Ohio State Football Team To Travel To Maryland, Host Rutgers In 2014
- Memorial Tournament Announces Amended Cell Phone Policy
- Tiger Woods Returning To Memorial Tournament In 2013
- Buckeye Men's Lacrosse Advances In NCAA Tournament
- Former Buckeyes Coach Foster Hired at UT-Chattanooga
- Ohio State's Orlando Pace Named To College Football HOF
- Dead Fish Discovered In Delaware Lake Result Of Temperature Change
- Crew Blanked At Home
The Latest From
The Locker Room
Did you catch Boston’s playoff hat trick?
No, I’m not talking about David Krecji’s 3 goals against Toronto in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.
I’m talking about the 3 Massachusetts writers, who this morning took aim at Bruins fans, making collateral damage of Blue Jackets supporters in the process...
Click the story's headline to read more!